Procurement and Programming of Hydro-meteorological System for Government of Guyana and BelizeNTEK Design Solutions personnel procured hydro-meteorological equipment for the country offices and provided system integration on rain gauges and telecommunications with the assistance of LIME and Digicel. This ensured transmission to the regional database system and to local offices.
Groundwater Mapping and Water Quality Analysis for UNESCO, Kingston Office, Jamaica
Activities in the Northern Districts of Belize for the Belize National Hydrological Service included determining regional groundwater flow characteristics, and water quality within aquifers of northern Belize, to support a sustainable groundwater resources development plan to the Belize National Hydrological Service.
- Evaluation of the needs of the Belize National Hydrological Service and map the Northern aquifer
- Advisement on Centralised Databases; Assessment of the project document and recommendations; Planned support mission;
- Hydrological, Groundwater [Abstraction] Water Quality Analysis.
- Reviewed the Belize legislation and department governing water resources
- Capacity building activities for the project team; Field mission, Briefing meetings; Support for technical report; and Support for strategic planning and resource mobilization
Development of a National Adaptation Strategy to Address Climate Change in Saint Kitts and NevisVulnerability and Capacity Assessment for the Basseterre Watershed in Saint Kitts and Nevis for ESL [Environment Solutions Ltd], Jamaica.
Hydrological analysis of the basins in the islands, rainfall runoff analysis, water resources assessment, demand and impact of climate variabilityThis study carried out for The Caribbean Community Climate Change Center, Belize. EU GCCA included:
- Mapping of recent and past floods, rainfall analysis [long term trend analysis, drought and flood years, rainfall return periods and forecasting], hydrological modelling using HEC HMS to predict runoff from extreme events
- Water demand and supply assessment, groundwater flow and projections into future using climate model results and adaptation plans and strategies
- Hydrology and hydrogeological study of the watersheds of the country. Watershed modelling considering the change in land-use pattern, flood risk, and estimation of runoff from extreme rainfall events
- Hazard assessment of the watersheds. Mapping of recent and past floods, rainfall analysis
- Trend analysis of water demand, production and supply for Antigua and Barbuda, including groundwater flow directions and projections into future using climate model results and adaptation plans and strategies